Friday, November 30, 2012

Greener Grasses


Ah those green grasses. I'm always amazed at other peoples good fortune compared to my own good fortune. Much of it has to do with timing, with being born at the right time, being in the right place at that time and keeping the eyes open for a possible good time.  I think of my own life and how lucky I was to stumble in to San Francisco right around the dot-com boom and how fortunate I was when my car broke down, forcing me to get a job closer to home that turned into a bunch of tech-industry underwritten internships and night classes that opened my eyes to image making and digital video and design. How many people get to turn that sort of set-back into opportunity thanks to simple timing and location?  Dumb luck in so many ways.  Then I look at a guy like Cyrus Sutton whose ken and attitude seems to have benefitted just the same from the right place right time scenario.  Boy are he and his friends making he most out of it. And doing it well.

No comments: