Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Montauk Kodachrome

The Kodachrome was baking in the summer Brooklyn sun. 25¢, the sign read. I grabbed as much as I could carry. There were others, old black and whites of varietals now difficult to process, chromes of rescinded value. All fogged I guessed, but at a quarter, worth every grubby piece. And, oddly enough, that's what I had. A bag full of quarters. Raiding the jar for the ice cream dough instead of taking money out of the auto teller. We'd had our ice cream and I had magically enough left over for a new horde of crappy film to clutter the fridge. Not that cooling it would save the stuff. Montauk in Kodachrome. The sort of Kodachrome twenty five cents will buy in two thousand ten.

3 comments:

HA said...

Beauty!

paul said...

i hope you processed it all... ive got a freezer full of kodachrome that i wont be able to use until someone replicates the process.... r.i.p. kodachrome

Mr. Lentini said...

rad..not just cause I am in it..but rad cause its rad