Sunday, June 28, 2009

Five Things I Relearned this Weekend up in Mastic Beach

1. Cheater fives are good, cheap fun. I always forget to employ the cheater five with as much verve as I should. This weekend I threw down the cheater five as often as possible. Even on the crumbly waves, a little five can go a long way to making a ride interesting.

2. Coffin rides are a crowd pleaser. Right there at the end, where you'd normally do a shore pound nose ride, try laying back for a little dead man. It pleases the old folks and the kids on the beach alike.

3. Cherish the third and fourth rides of a session. For whatever reason, besides the next-to-last ride (which always turns out to be the next-to-next-to-next-to last ride) the third and fourth and maybe fifth rides of a session seem to always be my most "successful."

4. If you don't have any rubbing alcohol handy and you think you got a little poison oak on your ankle, pee on it. It will burn a little, maybe depending on what you ate, but it will calm that poison oak oil right down.

5. Make sure your twopointfive year old gets enough of a nap.


-toddy

3 comments:

Bill said...

Oh yeah, love those cheater 5's myself...

christian said...

All of those sounds like words to live by to me. :)

Mr. Lentini said...

coffin rides and enough naptime with the kiddies is crucial